“When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back.
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Honest Weblog’.
List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. And then, pass it on.”
Y’all probably already know way too much about me and the visual is probably still lingering of my cheap-bra-wearing granny shoulders. But just in case there is someone out there who wants to hear a bit more about this ol’ gal, read on. But consider yourself warned.
1. I have a super soft heart. I used to get upset with God for making me this way… crying over commercials, various and sundry roadkill… not pretty. Or fun. On top of that, I’ve been told I look really not-pretty when I cry. Double doozie.
2. I am incredibly sensitive. God bless my husband, he has to live with me. I am a slave to my hormones and there is one week a month that I am
a nightmare quite challenging to live with. It is also during this week that I eat like I just got off Survivor Island.
3. I am naturally strong. When I was in 7th grade, I could bench press more than most of the boys in my class. I don’t think they liked that very much.
4. I want to live in China someday. Maybe for just a year or so, but I really do want to go there to live and help orphans in some capacity. And possibly stay for a while.
5. I used to cuss like a sailor. I dropped the “f” bomb like it was nothin’. Not anymore, though… thank You, Jesus. Now I love digging up some old school substitutes. A few of my favorites:
and the ever useful daaaang!!
6. I have a memory for random and useless facts. I hang onto tiny bits of senseless information. Forever. But fail to recall that my daughter is responsible for snack day on Wednesday.
For example… I remember in 7th grade biology learning about molecules. He said, “So on Thanksgiving morning, when you smell that turkey cooking in the oven, it’s actually molecules of turkey floating into your nose…” Take that fact and apply it to, say, changing a dirty diaper, or a big stinky fart, and you see why I don’t get a whole lot done outside of my brain. And why I don’t change poopy diapers with my mouth open.
7. I hate to watch movies. Not exactly sure why, I think I consider it a waste of time. Same thing with reading fiction books. Drives my husband and my kids nuts. I do sit and watch kid movies with them on family fun night. Well, most family fun nights.
8. I can’t stand to touch frozen things. Can’t stand it. The frozen food section of the grocery is agony for me. The more I know about sensory issues, the more I think it’s my little sensory thang I got going on.
9. I love to sing praise and worship music. LOUD.
10. The real reason I don’t spend a lot of dough on my lingerie is because my favorite kind of undies are just that. Cheap. I love the shiny, cheap-0 nylon and would wear it any day over cotton panties. And while I’m on the subject of panties, why are all the new fangled undies so dang small?? I mean, does anyone WANT to buy panties in an XXL? Probably why my raggedy grannies are still around… and in a size M thankyouverymuch.
There! Done and done. Now to pass along the love. Feel free to ignore this tag if you like, I just wanted you guys to know that I love how you keep it real, man! 🙂
Lisa at a motherlode
Amie at Heart-Smiles
Tish at 1st Time Mama
Patricia at Hip Hip Hubei (pw)
Kris at Tell-Her-This
Laine at Ferrill Bunch (pw)
Holly at Purpose Driven Life
Barbie from Moments, Memories, Milestones
and Miss Rebecca from China, Baby!