babies

Even though I was not allowed to take pictures of the babies with my big ol’ D90, Kirsten, who is the heart of An Orphan’s Wish, snapped away with her little handheld camera during our time there. And, thankfully, she tucked a CD with pictures of our visit into my bag before we left. Otherwise, I’m afraid I’d already be suffering the ugly effects of withdrawal from all the cuteness.

Here’s Ethan. A living, breathing miracle.
Getting some loving from one of his biggest fans: LeeAnn. His SN is an intestinal issue, now surgically corrected. He has endured a lot in his short life and his demeanor through his ordeal has made him a favorite of the carers. And doesn’t he know it.
Here is handsome Hugo (soon to be known as Ryan) who has been matched with his forever family. He didn’t let me get within 10 feet wasn’t too crazy about me, but he did, at last, agree to give me some high-fives.

Falling in love isn’t hard to do at this place. This little one is named Taylor, and she is delicate and fair, and sweet. In a word: breathtaking.

Meet Taylor’s polar opposite: big, sturdy, dark and hairy. Ooohh, and handsome. His name is Jackson. His SN is as yet undetermined. He suffers from some respiratory problems.

More Jackson cuteness.

and Taylor beauty. Her SN is stridor, which is caused by “turbulence through a partially obstructed airway.” Her condition has already improved dramatically since she came into care at An Orphan’s Wish.
This is Gabriella. A stunning little one with CP. Because of her CP she has very little head or body control, but when you hold and love on her, her smile lights up the room.

Here’s a little peanut that has only recently joined the group. Her special need is unclear, and for now the staff is just giving her lots of love and attention. Hopefully she will become strong and healthy enough to join a forever family soon.
And here, as you might be able to tell by the huge, sweaty grin plastered on my face, is Miss Olivia. How cute is she? Look at those little clasped hands, those pointed toes. They believe she has spina bifida, and possibly clubfoot. At An Orphan’s Wish, they allow the children time to settle in before undergoing testing, unless medically necessary. And for now, Miss Olivia seems to be settling in just fine.

Comments

1. Isabella's Mommy and Daddy says:

OMW.. just wants to make you bring ALL of them home..
    LOVE the photos..
    Love the babies..
    Glad you had an AMAZING time..
    Hugs..

2. Just beautiful! It is so amazing having and inside look at the facility and seeing you right there holding those little lovelies!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

3. Jodi Sue says:

They are all sooo beautiful!!!
    Thank you for sharing your trip with us!
    Praying for all the children at An Orphans Wish!

Jodi Sue :)

4. Molly Stroud says:

I enjoyed these pictures so much. It is so hard to see babies without mommies. Thank you for sharing them with everyone!

5. Mamma to 5 says:

What beautiful babies!! Thanks for sharing!!

6. Beautiful POST! Glad you are back and had a wonderful trip!
    :-)
    -Nicole

7. I’m so glad you are able to love and hold these sweet sweet babies. And what a blessing that they are getting the care and attention they need.

8. Patricia/NYC says:

OH MY…the CUTENESS!!! My eyes are filling up just looking at all of these SWEET, SWEET children!! Oh how I wish I could bring them all HOME!!
    Looks like you had a wonderful, successful trip!!

Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!
    Safe travels back home!!
    HUGS!!

9. marvelous is His doing!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Anonymous says:

LOVE all the pics of all of those precious children!!! Can’t wait to here more about your trip!!!

Ann (Lizzie’s Momma)

11. Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family says:

I am in love with ALL of them! :) I would love to have you bring me back a few in your suitcase! :) WOW! Where are they again? So beautiful! :) What an amazing experience you got to have :)

blessings,
    Tami
    Noah, Celeste and Jeremiah’s mama
    PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY

12. living4him5 says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it all!!!

I could just gobble up all those cutie patuties!!!

Safe travels home!!

Hugs and love,
    Amy

13. tender and precious. His eye is on the sparrow……

14. Mark, Rebecca and Sophia says:

What an incredible experience. How wonderful to be able to give some love to those sweet little ones. I sure hope they go to loving homes QUICKLY!

15. Hi!
    Welcome home! I know it must have been so hard to leave!!! What precious gifts from God that you got to love and comfort while you were there! I am so happy that you had this amazing opportunity!!! I look forward to catching up soon!!!! :)

Love,
    Diana

16. Chelley says:

It is so amazing what you are doing!

How I wish you could bring them al home with you

17. The Gang's Momma says:

What an amazing set of pics – looks like you all had as much fun lovin’ up on those darlings as they had being loved upon! What a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

18. One Happy Momma says:

What an amazing thing An Orphan’s Wish is doing with God’s help. :)

Thank you for sharing these precious little ones with us!

I would take them all if I could. :)

Blessings-

Cathy

19. Thanks for sharing, Stefanie. They are all just beautiful. What an amazing blessing and opportunity you have had! Thanks for taking us along with you!

20. Wife of the Pres. says:

They are all so precious and PLUMP!!! They are definitely feeling the love and getting their bellies filled too!!! So sweet, every one of them!!! I couldn’t help but think that someday some crazy blogging Mommy is going to make her way over to a back post on your blog about An Orphan’s Wish and see her child’s photo from time past and then read about another crazy Mommy traveling to China to visit these precious children and bring them supplies and to show them LOVE. Makes your heart sweet doesn’t it?!

21. Wife of the Pres. says:

OK, makes your heart “swell” (and maybe sweet) applies here too actually!!! Because you are a sweetheart!!!

22. *Overflowing* says:

Precious, precious babies! What a privilege you have been given…ahhh, to love on those sweet babies! Count me in next time you go!!!! Hugs, stacy

23. OH! I just poured over each and every photos!! I love them all!
    I just want to scoop up those little ones and squeeze them!

24. Heather says:

It does my heart good to see such amazingly run orphanages in China. My daughter was from New Day like your sisters and we feel so blessed! I hope your newest sweetie comes home quickly!
    -Heather

25. Cynthia says:

What an awesome trip! Oh, seeing those pictures of those babies….oh, I want to hold one!

26. Party of Seven says:

Wow, what beautiful children and what a fantastic opportunity for you to get to experience. Thanks for sharing all the pictures of the cutest little faces!!