She was and continues to be my mystery.
I feel like she and I are connected at the very soul, yet I often find myself straining to understand her.
To know her.
She sleeps with a picture of herself at 11 months, taken on her ‘gotcha day’, propped on her bedside table. With a pair of her baby shoes tucked neatly in her bedside drawer.
Isabelle is 5 1/2.
But we indulge her. She will be getting a baby seahorse toy this Christmas.
And for however many years she has a baby toy on her Christmas list.
But we know it.
We see evidence of it.
And our hearts break for her. Over and over.
But we also celebrate with her, in every victory. No matter how small.
She is making friends. She is learning. She is enjoying herself.
And that makes us very happy.
But she requires the most structure. The most consistency. The most forgiveness.
She requires the very best we can give her.
She lives for the moment.
Leave a comment to let me know you’ve posted a Sunday Snapshot and I’ll add it here so everyone can read it!
- Carrie at Live Learn and Love Together
- Sara at Football and Fried Rice
- Valerie at The Almy Family Journal
- Stephanie at Counting Seeds
- Vicki at From One More Mom
- Marla at Getting Gavin
- KSB at BLT and 3 Small Fries
- Amy at Raising Tomatoes
- Chris at Layers of Life
- Rebecca at Living in a Rainbow World
- Annie at Cornbread and Chopsticks
- Sophie at The Great Eight
- Mommy at The Womble Times
- Shelly at To China Again We Go
- Tracey at Raisin’ Punks
P.S. To learn more about Sunday Snapshot, visit here for the basics 🙂