The day went by way too quickly.
Seems my husband is nesting, too. He and the kiddos spent almost the entire day cleaning and organizing their rooms. Which left me the duty of going through spring clothes and packing up winter clothes. All. day. long.
By the time I choked some dinner down and hustled outside for some pictures with Vivienne in tow – my go-to girl when I’m on a photography bent – it was almost 8 PM.
So I had to crank up my ISO, and pray for steady hands.
Which makes finding one you really like sort of tough.
But this gives me a place to start. There is much work to be done.
For post-processing, I used Lightroom. I cropped these and boosted the exposure in a big way. Then I used a Sarah Ji preset, Meadow, edited a bit to make it more to my liking for these pictures.
My camera is a Nikon D90 and my lone lens is a 50mm 1.4. My settings were: ISO 1250, aperture f/3.2 and shutter speed 1/80 second. And I dream of one day having another (non-prime) lens.
So here are all the new Sunday Snapshot rules – in a nutshell.
1. Sunday Snapshot will begin with my Snapshot post each Sunday (or Saturday night) and will close Tuesday AM.
2. It is open to anyone who wants to become a better photographer and have fun in the process.
3. Snapshot posts should have the photo to be considered AT THE TOP of the Sunday Snapshot post, and should include the Sunday Snapshot button as well as a link back here to encourage others to play along.
4. Share any photography tips and/or settings on your posts for others (like me!) who are learning – this is encouraged but definitely not required.
5. Each Snapshot entry will be considered by moi. I will review all the linked posts, then select a favorite photo to be announced on Wednesday.
6. The winning Snapshot will be selected based on composition, color, emotion, creativity and post-processing.
7. Weekly winners will be featured in a monthly Sunday Snapshot post which will be judged by y’all, the readers.
8. The winner of the monthly Sunday Snapshot will receive a photography related goodie donated by the Sunday Snapshot monthly sponsor. April’s sponsor is One Willow Presets.
9. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
9. Rules subject to change, as necessary, to keep this fun and fruitful for everyone.
Happy Sunday, y’all.