This Snapshot is all about Poppy.
My goal is to improve my photography skills, and so I’ll need to try new things regularly in my picture-taking.
And one thing I find myself regularly frustrated with? Seeing something beautiful, but not being able to capture that beauty with my camera.
specifically those eyes.
And how incredibly big – and beautiful – those eyes of hers are.
And the M&Ms afterward were a big hit, too.
My camera is a Nikon D90 and my lone lens is a 50mm 1.4. These pictures were taken in manual with the white balance set for ‘cloudy’ conditions. The settings were ISO 1250, aperture f/2.8 and my shutter speed was 1/800. I deliberately waited until the ‘golden hour’ – one hour before sunset – to take these.
This will be the fifth and last Sunday Snapshot in April. So far we’ve had four weekly Snapshot winners:
All five weekly winners will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate to One Willow Presets.
Wanna play along? Here are the Sunday Snapshot rules – in a nutshell.
1. Sunday Snapshot will begin weekly with my Snapshot post on Sunday (or Saturday night) and will close Tuesday AM.
2. It is open to anyone who wants to become a better photographer and have fun in the process.
3. Snapshot posts should have the photo to be considered AT THE TOP of the Sunday Snapshot post, and should include the Sunday Snapshot button as well as a link back here to encourage others to play along.
4. Share any photography tips and/or settings on your posts for others (like me!) who are learning – this is encouraged but definitely not required.
5. Each Snapshot entry will be reviewed by me. Then I’ll select a favorite photo to be announced on Wednesday.
6. The winning Snapshot will be selected based on composition, color, emotion, creativity and post-processing.
7. Weekly winners will be featured in a monthly Sunday Snapshot post which will be judged by y’all, the readers.
8. The winner of the monthly Sunday Snapshot will receive a photography related goodie donated by the Sunday Snapshot monthly sponsor.
9. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
9. Rules subject to change, as necessary, to keep this fun and fruitful for everyone.
If you’re ready to link up this week with your Sunday Snapshot, just copy the code under the Snapshot button and paste it into the body of your post where you’d like the button to be displayed.
When you hit ‘publish’ it should show up just fine. Then add your link below.
Happy Sunday, y’all.