We’ve got a house full of sick people.
And on my way out to the trashcan tonight, to drop off a bag full o’ puke, I noticed it was the ‘blue hour’ as described in my new book.
So I went in and grabbed my camera.
After I washed my hands, of course.
They call this phenomena “supermoon“.
I played around with my settings and ran around looking for the best vantage point.
And I tried upping the ISO, but the noise was just too much.
These aren’t great, but I’m determined to start pushing the envelope on what I typically shoot. These were shot on my Nikon D90 with my 50mm 1.4 lens. My settings were ISO 1250 (higher than that and there is too much noise), 1/20 sec, f/2.8.
And if I can do it, so can you. Hope you’ll join in this week with your Sunday Snapshot.
Ready to play along? Here are the Sunday Snapshot rules – in a nutshell.
1. Sunday Snapshot will begin weekly with my Snapshot post on Sunday (or Saturday night) and will close Tuesday AM.
2. It is open to anyone who wants to become a better photographer and have fun in the process.
3. Snapshot posts should have the photo to be considered AT THE TOP of the Sunday Snapshot post, and should include the Sunday Snapshot button as well as a link back here to encourage others to play along.
4. Share any photography tips and/or settings on your posts for others (like me!) who are learning – this is encouraged but definitely not required.
5. Each Snapshot entry will be reviewed by me. Then I’ll select a favorite photo to be announced on Wednesday.
6. The winning Snapshot will be selected based on composition, color, emotion, creativity and post-processing.
7. Weekly winners will be featured in a monthly Sunday Snapshot post which will be judged by y’all, the readers.
8. The winner of the monthly Sunday Snapshot will receive a photography related goodie donated by the Sunday Snapshot monthly sponsor. May’s Snapshot sponsor is SnapShops.
9. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
9. Rules subject to change, as necessary, to keep this fun and fruitful for everyone.
If you’re ready to link up this week with your Sunday Snapshot, just copy the code under the Snapshot button and paste it into the body of your post where you’d like the button to be displayed.
When you hit ‘publish’ it should show up just fine. Then add your link below.
Happy Sunday, y’all.