Had an absolute blast last night.
Aimee, Mac Powell’s wife, and I got a chance to meet up at the Created4Care conference in March. And she graciously – and amazingly generously – offered to hook our entire crew up with tickets to the Third Day show in Raleigh.
For our family, getting a chance to go to this concert was a especially rare occurrence.
As in, we rarely go anywhere with everyone that charges more for admission than the Chick-Fil-A play place.
So, needless to say, our kids were pumped.
The very best part? Aimee worked it out so that we could meet up with her man, lead singer and front man Mac Powell.
One of Chris’ and my most favorite, love-’em-so-much-you’re-almost-a-stalker singers. Ever.
Proof: see my face in the above picture.
And, amazingly, my huckster grin and goofy blathering didn’t frighten him off. We even got to meet Tai Anderson and David Carr, two other members of Third Day.
Third Day was the first Christian band I fell in love with back in 2001. We’ve loved ’em ever since.
Our kids know and love their music because our iPods and iPhones are packed full of Third Day songs.
And worshiping our amazing God in a huge arena with thousands of other believers was nothing short of awesome.
Chris and I even bought the concert t-shirt.
Thank you, Aimee and Mac, for making last night a night we’ll never forget. You truly blessed our entire family in a crazy cool way.
And a P.S. for the photography stuff. While these aren’t the best, and they definitely don’t do the night justice, they’re so very special to me. My favorite shot (photographically speaking) was the first one, of Jude, because of the way I caught a ray of the sun as it was setting.
These were shot on my Nikon D90 with my 50mm 1.4 lens. My settings for that first shot were ISO 1250, 1/100 sec, f/3.5. I was playing around with my aperture trying to get some sunflare and this is what I got.
Can’t wait to see your Snapshots.
Ready to play along? Here are the Sunday Snapshot rules – in a nutshell.
1. Sunday Snapshot will begin weekly with my Snapshot post on Sunday (or Saturday night) and will close Tuesday AM.
2. It is open to anyone who wants to become a better photographer and have fun in the process.
3. Snapshot posts should have the photo to be considered AT THE TOP of the Sunday Snapshot post, and should include the Sunday Snapshot button as well as a link back here to encourage others to play along.
4. Share any photography tips and/or settings on your posts for others (like me!) who are learning – this is encouraged but definitely not required.
5. Each Snapshot entry will be reviewed by me. Then I’ll select a favorite photo to be announced on Wednesday.
6. The winning Snapshot will be selected based on composition, color, emotion, creativity and post-processing.
7. Weekly winners will be featured in a monthly Sunday Snapshot post which will be judged by y’all, the readers.
8. The winner of the monthly Sunday Snapshot will receive a photography related goodie donated by the Sunday Snapshot monthly sponsor. May’s Snapshot sponsor is SnapShops.
9. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
9. Rules subject to change, as necessary, to keep this fun and fruitful for everyone.
If you’re ready to link up this week with your Sunday Snapshot, just copy the code under the Snapshot button and paste it into the body of your post where you’d like the button to be displayed.
When you hit ‘publish’ it should show up just fine. Then add your link below.
Happy Sunday, y’all.