Isabelle continues to surprise us.
She has jumped into school this year with both feet and seems happy and confident.
Today, after she was done with ballet and homework, she decided to write a story. On her own.
I didn’t even know she’d written it until she asked me to staple her little book, “Three times, mama. Here, here and here.”
She titled it Bell and Luke
And I think Seamus is Luke.
I just love her little book. She did it all on her own, with no help from anyone.
Because it makes her smile, every time she reads it.
It was late in the evening when I took these, the day just got away from me. I tried shooting with the overhead light on, but the shadows were too harsh, so I had to position her as well as I could in front of the window that faced the setting sun.
I chose to use these for my Sunday Snapshot pictures because shooting indoors with a high ISO is not my preference. But sometimes it is necessary, so I figure practice is a good thing.
I took these with my Nikon D90, 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. My settings for the first one were ISO 4000, 26mm, f/2.8 and 1/50. And I edited them first in Lightroom – to reduce the noise as much as possible – and then in CS6 with Florabella Colorplay Clean Base and Rosy Cream.
If you want to play along, here’s are the details. Linky will be open until 10:00 AM on Tuesday for any other folks who are late to the party this week. Like me.
1. By linking your photo below, you are giving permission for me to post your photo should it be chosen as a favorite of the week.
2. Snapshot posts should have the photo to be considered at the TOP of their post, and should include the Sunday Snapshot button as well as a link back here to encourage others to play along.
3. Photos entered must belong to entrant.
4. Share any photography tips and/or settings on your posts for others (like me!) who are learning – this is encouraged but certainly not required.
5. I’ll review each Snapshot entry and then select a favorite to be announced on Wednesday.
6. The winning Snapshot will be selected based on composition, color, emotion, creativity and post-processing.
7. Weekly winners will be featured in a monthly Sunday Snapshot post which will be judged by y’all, the readers.
8. The winner of the monthly Sunday Snapshot will receive a photography related goody. The September winner will receive a set of the newly-released Colorplay Photoshop Actions from Florabella. Ohmygoodness, this set is fabulous.
To link up this week with your Sunday Snapshot, just copy the code under the Snapshot button and paste it into the body of your post where you’d like the button to be displayed.
When you hit ‘publish’ it should show up just fine. Then add your link below.
Sunday Monday, y’all.