Dang, y’all. I am so excited.
Because today, I get to introduce you guys – my orphan-loving, big-hearted friends – to something else that is close to my heart.
If you’ve already heard about the Cupcake Kids, you know why I’m so smitten with what they do – and why they do it.
If you’ve never heard of them… well, you must. And because I love them and I love y’all, I’m determined for y’all to meet. Fall in love. And make cupcakes together.
To help make that happen, I’ve got a fun, and completely adorable, giveaway in store.
2. Get excited! This is a fantastic way to get your kids involved in caring for orphans around the world in a tangible way. I guarantee you, all you have to do is say, “cupcakes!” and your kids will be IN.
3. Pick a date and sign up to host your own cupcake sale. The Cupcake Kids website makes it so easy, y’all. So. Easy. And 100% of the funds you raise will go directly to fund their efforts in Uganda.
If you don’t like baking, or running, there is another way to get involved.
1. Go visit the I Run For Cupcakes page on the Cupcake Kids site.
2. Get excited! Running for imprisoned orphans in Uganda is one heckuva motivation to knock the dust off those running shoes and get going. If you’re not a runner – like me – get excited for someone else to run. Like your husband.
3. Register yourself, or your chosen participant (with their consent, of course) for I Run For Cupcakes. The site makes it super easy, you can even create a donation link to send friends and family. Join the IRFC team in Nashville for the half-marathon in late April, or you can join an event closer to home (or create your own!) on any day you choose. What a fantastic way to engage your friends, family and community on behalf of the orphan.
Okay, so here’s the giveaway part. We’ll be giving away FIVE super-cute-limited-edition Cupcake Kids t-shirt like Tallula is wearing above – available in kids and women’s sizes. To enter, just visit the Cupcake Kids site and sign up to host a cupcake sale or sign up to participate in an I Run For Cupcakes run. Then come back here and leave me a comment to let me know what you’re going to do so I can jump up and down and celebrate you and your orphan-loving heart.
Winners will be selected randomly (or by a 3 year old) from all comments left between now and Friday, February 15th at midnight EST. I’ll announce the winners on Sunday the 17th.
I’m getting in on this too, y’all. No, I’m not running. But I am going to gather my kiddos and make some rockin’ cupcakes. And I can’t wait. Just picturing it – my Chinese-American kiddos, with their German-Irish-Scottish-American mama, making cupcakes for orphans in Uganda – makes me smile so big. It’s a pretty sweet picture of the gospel in action.
If you’re in the Birmingham area and have some ideas on a location that might work for spring/summer – I’m thinking maybe a big church or an adoption/orphan event? – please let me know. I would love to join forces with some other orphan-loving mamas and their kiddos to help raise awareness through something as simple and sweet as a cupcake.
Because seriously, who doesn’t love a cupcake?
So go grab your kids, take them to the Cupcake Kids website and pick a way to participate. Sign up to host a sale or Run for Cupcakes and then come back here and let me know. And then we can get our cupcakes on together.