Y’all know I’m fond of Carrie. Her writing. Her commitment. Her heart. She’s the real deal.
She and her husband Jacob work in China at a foster home for special needs kiddos. And they also run Scarlet Threads.
The goal of Scarlet Threads is to give back to the community by “empowering rural Asian women through employment.” Scarlet Threads employs talented seamstresses who are able to create beautiful things. Like these gorgeous Tiger Hats.
And the winner of the Day 8 Giveaway will receive a Tiger Hat of their very own.
Perfectly sized for childres, each one of these beautiful hats is one of a kind.
Uniquely created, so that no two are alike.
And each hat takes at least 10 hours to create. By hand.
Scarlet Threads has just released some new items in their store for the holidays: a new Kyra Apron, and some Limited Edition Tree Skirts.
They also have some darling dresses and purses that would make perfect Christmas gifts…. especially knowing that any purchase from Scarlet Threads also supports dignified work for women half-way around the world.
For extra entries to this Giveaway, you can “like” Scarlet Threads on FB.
Follow Scarlet Threads on Twitter.
Or follow the Scarlet Threads blog.
Carrie and I will work together to get a full list of all new Scarlet Thread followers and friends before a winner is selected.
And if you’re like me, and ready to shop already, the coupon code “nihaoyall” will get you 25% off your total order in the Scarlet Threads shop.
A Merry Christmas to me. And to you. And to women half-way around the world.
- Leave a comment on this post to be entered.
- If you’ve already linked up for an entry with your blog and/or FB post, you can enter again for this giveaway by commenting on this post.
- One comment per person, per giveaway, please.
- Giveaway prizes will be shipped to US address only.
- Be sure you are a ‘follower’ here to have your comment count toward the giveaways posted here… these giveaways are specifically for friends of Ni Hao Y’all 🙂