I did it in 2010.
And in 2011.
It only follows that I should do it in 2012.
And so, here are my favorite photos of 2012 in chronological order.
1. Isabelle and Sophie celebrating Chinese New Year in their silks.
2. The Yangzhe River Bridge in Wuhan, the day before we met Tallula for the first time.
3. Tallula, loving her new silks on the streets of Shamian Island in Guangzhou.
4. Poppy. Being my muse as I worked on capturing evening light for a photography project.
5. Asher at our one day trip to the shore.
6. Dalton saying goodnight to Poet.
7. Vivi loving the sprinkler on a hot summer day. I was working on a photography project to capture “water” and after many, many fails, I captured this one. It was worth every fail.
8. Zach – pondering life – as he casually rested on a train car. Right. Grateful that my kids amuse me by allowing me to take their pictures.
9. Victoria. Again, my kids are so patient with me. This was for a photography project and the weather was frigid. My sweet girl didn’t even flinch. And I am so grateful – I really do love this picture of her.
10. Jude and Shepherd – this was a surpise. It was an outtake to the school pictures I determined to do myself this year. It shows how much these two really do love each other.
11. Poet, captured when I was out taking pictures of the girls one gorgeous fall afternoon. Their photos that day didn’t make the top 12, but his did. And he didn’t even have to comb his hair.
12. Tallula, enjoying the fruits of her first Christmas. She is still running around the house singing Jingle Bells and Frosty the Snowman.
And there you have our entire 2012 in a nutshell. Interestingly, without even trying, all of my kiddos are represented here. Love it when it works out like that.
Feel free to shout out your favorite if you’ve got one.
P.S. To everyone who commented, emailed or FB messaged me about my post from a few days ago, know that I have it! I am working with a wonderful, godly girlfriend to come up with some ideas on how to proceed – the response was more than I was expecting and I’d love to accommodate everyone who wants to join in. I just want to proceed prayerfully and with my eyes on the Lord. Can’t wait to see what God has in store for 2013!
Life with Kaishon says
Oh! I love your 12 best moments. It looks like it was a very wonderful year for you and your family. I hope this next year is even better : ). Wishing you all the very best. Love, Becky
I love them all, but particularly the doubles – as you’ve captured the love as well as the children.
With love from Wales,
So had to pick a favorite.
i totally missed when you posted #6 (goodnight to poet)…love it!!!!!!!!!
Oh so lovely. You are blessed.
What beautiful pictures! I love them all. It was a great year for y’all! Blessing for 2013!
I love the fall shot of Poet, of course, but, also the one of Isabelle and Sophie together. Very nice. 🙂
Stef – you have a rare gift – and fails are a part of that! But don’t forget that you have the ‘eye’ – techique is great – but you have to “see it” to shoot it – and you ‘see’ very well.
And I’m moved to point out – given your “aside” post included here – that you turn that vision inward as well.
Keep growing – it’s sometimes painful – but always worth it!
hugs – aus and co.
Beautiful! Every. Single. One. Love the one of Victoria! WOW!
The one of Talula in her silks is my fave of all your pictures on here! It seems to have perfectly captured her little personality. It is beautiful!!
Great choices! I really love that shot of Victoria, I loved all the pics from that session!
wouh ! So wonderful pictures !!! I love them !
SO BEAUTIFUL and inspiring. I love your “eye” for God’s beauty.
Hands down, Dalton and Poet. Love, love, love that photo.
You sure are blessed with such cute, beautiful and handsome subjects!:-)
Happy New Year!
Really your photography just makes me smile and relax- thank you for sharing!