Since Jude is still battling some nausea and vomiting, it’s not looking too good for me to get out and take new pictures for my Sunday Snapshot.
So, instead of skipping it all together, I thought I’d share the last picture I took of our trip to Iowa. I took it on the way home, about 10 hours into our 18 hour long drive home. He had been vomiting all morning and we were concerned we’d have to stop at an emergency room to have him evaluated for dehydration. By the time we realized how fragile he was, we were way too far into the drive to turn around. It was a difficult few hours, for sure. But by evening, he had stopped vomiting, was eating ice and small sips of Vitamin Water and we were all just so very grateful.
As the sun began to set, Tori and I were mesmerized by the beautiful sky and how the clouds reflected the colors of the sunset. And it was a big, beautiful reminder of the fact that God is in control. We may struggle, we may endure hardships, but He is at the helm. And it felt so good.
So I pulled over, probably a few minutes later than would have been ideal, because the sun was almost down beyond the horizon. And since we were on the side of the highway, cars whizzing by, I didn’t have much of a selection of foregrounds.
But to me, this picture represents so much more. His love. His mercy. His faithfulness.
When you’re ready to play along with your Sunday Snapshot, here are the deets.
1. Snapshot posts should have the photo to be considered AT THE TOP of the Sunday Snapshot post, and should include the Sunday Snapshot button as well as a link back here to encourage others to play along.
2. Photos entered must belong to entrant.
3. Share any photography tips and/or settings on your posts for others (like me!) who are learning – this is encouraged but certainly not required.
4. I’ll review each Snapshot entry and then select a favorite to be announced on Wednesday.
5. The winning Snapshot will be selected based on composition, color, emotion, creativity and post-processing.
6. Weekly winners will be featured in a monthly Sunday Snapshot post which will be judged by y’all, the readers.
7. The winner of the monthly Sunday Snapshot will receive a photography related goodie donated by the Sunday Snapshot monthly sponsor. July’s Sunday Snapshot sponsor is My 4 Hens Photography.
8. Rules subject to change, as necessary, to keep this fun and fruitful for everyone.
To link up this week with your Sunday Snapshot, just copy the code under the Snapshot button and paste it into the body of your post where you’d like the button to be displayed.
When you hit ‘publish’ it should show up just fine. Then add your link below.
Sunday Monday, y’all.