Be forewarned, there are a ton of pictures below.
It was our singular “vacation” of the year, if you want to call it a vacation.
What it was was one wondrous day at the beach.
And so, I took a lot of pictures.
It was also Poppy’s first time to the beach.
She wasn’t so sure how she felt about it.
It was Tallula’s first time to the beach, too.
Initially she had some anxiety over the waves coming in and then rushing back out.
But soon she decided this was a pretty cool place to be.
And so did all the other kiddos.
Eventually even Poppy warmed up the the idea of sand in her toes.
And sweet Jude managed to enjoy the day, despite having to be bound to a lawn chair for the duration.
Thank goodness for iPhones, Tiny Wings and Temple Run.
Eventually the afternoon turned into evening.
And the harsh shadows of the sun overhead were gone.
Which is great news if you’re the photographer.
But a few of the kids were getting tired.
And a few of the grown ups, too.
So we gathered up our things, and said farewell to the beach.
But not goodbye.
We’ll be back.
I took these with my Nikon D90, 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. My settings for the first one were ISO 160, 24mm, f/3.2 and 1/1650. I chose this as my favorite because I loved the shovel in her hand, the sand in her hair, and the way she was surrounded by the water.
I edited them all in CS6 with Florabella Classic Film, Lighter Brighter and some other minor tweaks.
When you’re ready to play along with your Sunday Snapshot, here are the deets.
1. Snapshot posts should have the photo to be considered at the TOP of their post, and should include the Sunday Snapshot button as well as a link back here to encourage others to play along.
2. Photos entered must belong to entrant.
3. Share any photography tips and/or settings on your posts for others (like me!) who are learning – this is encouraged but certainly not required.
4. I’ll review each Snapshot entry and then select a favorite to be announced on Wednesday.
5. The winning Snapshot will be selected based on composition, color, emotion, creativity and post-processing.
6. Weekly winners will be featured in a monthly Sunday Snapshot post which will be judged by y’all, the readers.
7. The winner of the monthly Sunday Snapshot will receive a photography related goody. This month I’ll be giving away a copy of my favorite photography book: Photographically Speaking. It’s goooood.
8. Rules subject to change, as necessary, to keep this fun and fruitful for everyone.
To link up this week with your Sunday Snapshot, just copy the code under the Snapshot button and paste it into the body of your post where you’d like the button to be displayed.
When you hit ‘publish’ it should show up just fine. Then add your link below.
Happy almost Sunday, y’all.