So far I’ve received a good response from families who would like to share their stories. But it seems that a lot of people have similar questions so I thought it would be wise to answer those questions here, to provide a bit more clarity.
These are the types of stories we are looking for:
1) What made you decide to pursue a child through the SN program?
2) What was your experience like with the SN program?
3) Were you happy with the agency you used? Why or why not?
4) Have there been any additional issues with your child? (medical, physical, attachment, etc)
5) Has your child’s SN been what you expected? Were you prepared? What advice would you like to share with others regarding your child’s SN?
* Feel free to share your experiences, good or bad. There is no topic that we DON’T want covered, from attachment problems to undisclosed health issues. Above all, I want to paint a realistic picture of the SN program.
* The story can be any length, as long or as short as you like. It doesn’t have to be perfectly written either, these stories will be shared with other families, like yourself, so they don’t expect perfection, they just want to read about real families adopting real kiddos. Nothin’ fancy required!
* Also, it would be easiest if each story was about one topic, that way we can keep the topics separated. If you would like to share your story on more than one topic, that would be great! We need ALL the experiences we can get!
* Some people have asked about pictures. We’d LOVE to add pictures of your little one to your story! Feel free to send them along when you submit your story. All families that submit photos and/or stories will get a sneak peek at what is cookin’ before we make things public. So don’t worry, you’ll get a chance to see how it will look before everyone else does ~ **added bonus**!
* We will be accepting stories on an ongoing basis, but I’d love to get a good start by next week. So this weekend would be a great time to get some thoughts down on paper 🙂 Your story will undoubtedly be a blessing to many families who are trying to decide if the SN program is right for them. Haven’t we all been so blessed? Let’s share the joy with others!!
* Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions or to submit your story. THANK YOU 🙂
I just emailed you our story, but I would like to say…your email is mistyped in this post.
Might want to double check it.
This is just the kind of thing that I’d like to read more about! I am always wanting to know “more” about the actual needs and the follow up that comes with…& anything on attachment would be great!!
Thanks Monica 🙂 And thanks for sending your story!
Can’t WAIT to read all the stories!! Thanks for doing this Stefanie!
Fabulous!!!! I was hoping God would lead you to write a book on this subject!!!! I say Paisley again yesterday. What a little treasure she is! Put me down for a copy when you are done!!!
I’d love to read all this…great information for us as we wait and decide whether or not to go with special needs.