How I love this child.
I’m not sure what it is about her inspires an absolutely ferocious love in my heart.
Maybe it was the incredibly difficult time she had when she joined our family 14 months ago.
Maybe it’s just because she’s my kid.
Happy Birthday, my beloved three-year old.
the luckiest mama in the world
I took these on Poppy’s big day, before her party. It was about 4:30 in the afternoon, a bit early to get that really nice evening light, but I tried to make it work. We went to a local park with a lot of high shade and big beautiful trees.
I took these with my Nikon D90, 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. My settings for the first one were ISO 200, 35mm, f/2.8 and 1/200. And I edited them first in CS6 with Florabella Colorplay Clean Base and Rosy Cream.
If you want to play along, here’s are the details. Linky will be open until 10:00 AM on Tuesday for any other folks who are late to the party this week. Like me.
1. By linking your photo below, you are giving permission for me to post your photo should it be chosen as a favorite of the week.
2. Snapshot posts should have the photo to be considered at the TOP of their post, and should include the Sunday Snapshot button as well as a link back here to encourage others to play along.
3. Photos entered must belong to entrant.
4. Share any photography tips and/or settings on your posts for others (like me!) who are learning – this is encouraged but certainly not required.
5. I’ll review each Snapshot entry and then select a favorite to be announced on Wednesday.
6. The winning Snapshot will be selected based on composition, color, emotion, creativity and post-processing.
7. Weekly winners will be featured in a monthly Sunday Snapshot post which will be judged by y’all, the readers.
8. The winner of the monthly Sunday Snapshot will receive a photography related goody. The September winner will receive a set of the newly-released Colorplay Photoshop Actions from Florabella. Ohmygoodness, this set is fabulous.
To link up this week with your Sunday Snapshot, just copy the code under the Snapshot button and paste it into the body of your post where you’d like the button to be displayed.
When you hit ‘publish’ it should show up just fine. Then add your link below.
Happy Sunday, y’all.