It’s become a bit of a thing around here, I suppose: going through my pictures at the end of the year and plucking out a few favorites.
It’s laborious. It’s time consuming. But I love it because it’s a chance to look back at the year, as a mama, and see how my babies have grown. Cherish important milestones. Remember sweet moments.
I don’t love it because it’s a chance to look back at the year, as a photographer, and see how my photography has grown. Or not.
But whatever. I am still clicking away. And perfect or not, these images tell the story of our little family.
And that, I love.
Here are my favorites from 2014.
And here are my favorites from previous years.
1. Sophie when she hit double digits.
2. Tallula, Seamus and our first snow shower of 2014.
3. Out to shoot a self-portrait and this sweet shot of my cuties was a most pleasant surprise.
4. My kids and a big, beautiful, old tree. Have I mentioned how much I love big old trees?
5. Celebrating two years with our Tallula.
6. Precious Poppy, used for my guest post over at the Show Hope blog.
8. Out and about with the whole crew, including G.G., and our niece and nephews.
10. Noah at the dog park. Okay, technically at the human portion of the dog park.
11. Sophie floating.
12. My very special birthday gift, unwrapped.
14. Found. What fun that was. And what a precious blessing came home because of it, Him and you.
15. Lula Mae, in a spur-of-the-moment shoot. She asked for me to capture her getting her twirl on.
16. Our beloved Seamus, a few weeks after finding out he is dying from cancer. Love, love, love this picture and what it represents.
17. On a whim I took the kids for a quick photo shoot after church on Orphan Sunday…
20. My biggest girl, downtown.
21. No explanation needed. Clementine, at last.
22. Our first week home, and overwhelmed with how the Lord blessed us with this sweet little one.
23. Zach, turning 20. Technically he turned 20 after the New Year, but it’s my favorite picture of him since I last picked favorites. And it’s my blog.
Aaaand finally, 24. Celebrating one month with Clementine. One amazing, joy-filled month.
The end. Our 2014 in pictures.
It was a very, very good year.
Do you have a favorite? Feel free to share which one if you’d like.
P.S. I purposefully excluded pictures of our China trip (other than the one of Clementine on gotcha day). That would have made this post significantly longer than it already is. But those are coming in a future post. And you probably can’t wait, amiright?