It’s become a bit of a thing around here, I suppose: going through my pictures at the end of the year and plucking out a few favorites.
It’s laborious. It’s time consuming. But I love it because it’s a chance to look back at the year, as a mama, and see how my babies have grown. Cherish important milestones. Remember sweet moments.
I don’t love it because it’s a chance to look back at the year, as a photographer, and see how my photography has grown. Or not.
But whatever. I am still clicking away. And perfect or not, these images tell the story of our little family.
And that, I love.
Here are my favorites from 2014.
And here are my favorites from previous years.
1. Sophie when she hit double digits.
2. Tallula, Seamus and our first snow shower of 2014.
3. Out to shoot a self-portrait and this sweet shot of my cuties was a most pleasant surprise.
4. My kids and a big, beautiful, old tree. Have I mentioned how much I love big old trees?
5. Celebrating two years with our Tallula.
6. Precious Poppy, used for my guest post over at the Show Hope blog.
8. Out and about with the whole crew, including G.G., and our niece and nephews.
9. The mom and dad, out and about too.
10. Noah at the dog park. Okay, technically at the human portion of the dog park.
11. Sophie floating.
12. My very special birthday gift, unwrapped.
13. Victoria and her someone special. I never posted any in this series, at her request, but she agreed to let me post it here. So cute, aren’t they?
14. Found. What fun that was. And what a precious blessing came home because of it, Him and you.
15. Lula Mae, in a spur-of-the-moment shoot. She asked for me to capture her getting her twirl on.
16. Our beloved Seamus, a few weeks after finding out he is dying from cancer. Love, love, love this picture and what it represents.
17. On a whim I took the kids for a quick photo shoot after church on Orphan Sunday…
18. and I’m so glad I did because it yielded three of my most favorite images of the year.
19. (Especially of Miss Isabelle, who is usually very hard for me to photograph.)
20. My biggest girl, downtown.
21. No explanation needed. Clementine, at last.
22. Our first week home, and overwhelmed with how the Lord blessed us with this sweet little one.
23. Zach, turning 20. Technically he turned 20 after the New Year, but it’s my favorite picture of him since I last picked favorites. And it’s my blog.
Aaaand finally, 24. Celebrating one month with Clementine. One amazing, joy-filled month.
The end. Our 2014 in pictures.
It was a very, very good year.
Do you have a favorite? Feel free to share which one if you’d like.
P.S. I purposefully excluded pictures of our China trip (other than the one of Clementine on gotcha day). That would have made this post significantly longer than it already is. But those are coming in a future post. And you probably can’t wait, amiright?
Amy Meeker says
Amy Meeker says
Lula’s birthday and Noah!!! OMG LOVE and miss you!
my most fave is # 10, then # 16 (:() and then # 12. lol. your kids are cute too 😉
Oh no, I really cannot wait!
Love the one of Noah in the swing. How did I miss seeing that one before? But really, really, you take such beautiful photos it’s so hard to choose!
#2 and #10— love– #10 better be up on your wall- because ain’t no way you can be mad or sad with that in your face— love it!!! i need to do this– love looking back 🙂
Amber Smith says
I love them all, but holy Sophie!! 🙂
all of them are absolutely beautiful.
Diane C. says
#24-absolutely love it.
mary m says
I love, love the pic of Seamus…my heart is breaking that you will
lose him soon.
The children are all beautiful, as is the outdoor setting, but my
heart reached out for Seamus.
Sophie and Sophie on the plane – not included.
Love the all, but I like number 3
Mary DeGennaro says
Love seeing pictures of your wonderful family! How did you do the one of Sophie floating? Amazing!